Rowing Machine Benefits
In this post I will be discussing 3 rowing machine benefits you can get from using the exercise rower. A workout that includes using the rowing machine, can get you in great shape. It can help you get toned and even add a little bit of muscle. Using the rowing machine can also be great for those not looking to put a bunch of strain on their joints.
Here Are 3 Benefits Of Using A Rowing Machine
1. Weight Loss
Burning more calories than you take in is an important part of weight loss and the rowing machine can have you burning calories. With these additional calories that you can burn, along with a proper diet, you can expect some weight loss. You can quick and easily burn many calories with a rowing machine. Thee average 200 pound person can easily burn around 400 calories in a half hour. This would be at a higher intensity workout. With a lower intensity workout you can still burn around 200 calories in a half hour.
2. Cardiovascular Benefits
There are some cardiovascular benefits from using the rowing machine. It can increase the functionality of your heart and give you better endurance. If you are looking to workout at a fast pace, you can set the resistance to low. This will try to keep your body in an aerobic state. When in an aerobic state your circulation, heart, and lungs will start improve the way they function. Increase blood flow and circulation keeps everything working at optimal levels.
3. Full Body Workout
You will be using just about every major muscle when using a rowing machine. So you can achieve this full body workout without added stress on your joints. With every stroke you take you will be working your arms, shoulders, back, butt, legs, and hips. If you want to work your muscles even harder, just increase the resistance. The stronger you get, the more resistance you will be wanting to use.
Proper Use Of A Rowing Machine
- One of the first thing you want to do when you first sit down at a rowing machine is to adjust the resistance. This is especially important for beginners. If it is your first time using a rowing machine, use the easiest resistance to get comfortable with it. You can always increase the resistance as you get stronger.
- Once you have the resistance adjusted, place your feet in the pedals and get ready to row. It is important to make sure your feet are secure in the pedals.
- Adjust the foot straps to your desire. Do not miss out on this step. The position of your feet can have an affect on how much you are using your legs in the workout.
- You are now ready to start rowing. In the first position your elbows should be bent and your knees close to your chest. This is the position you will begin.
- You do not want to be arching your back over. Keep your back as straight as possible.
- Now you can push off with your feet. This will drive you backwards. As you begin to push back you will pull the handle towards your stomach.
- Always remember to keep your back straight throughout the movement.
- Repeat this process for as long as you can.
- If you are a beginner, try to go for 5 minutes.
- As your stamina increases, you will be able to go for a longer period of time.
These are just a few rowing machine benefits that you can get when you add it into your fitness routine. The rowing machine has been around for a long time and may not be a flashy as some of the newest equipment available. This shouldn’t matter because the results you can get will speak for themselves.