Does Drinking Water Make You Lose Weight?
We have all heard about the benefits of water, but does drinking water make you lose weight? When a person sets a goal for weight loss, they often focus on counting calories and the kinds of food they are eating. However, if it is fat loss you desire, it is just as important to drink water as it is to counting the calories and the types of foods you are eating. In this post I’m going to talk about how drinking water can help increase your weight loss efforts and give you some tips on how to make sure you are drinking water every day.
Just How Does Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight?
1) Water Has Zero Calories: Water does not contain any calories so if you consume several glasses a day you will not have to worry about the impact on gaining weight. Also, by consuming water, you will be avoiding drinking those other high calorie, sugary, drinks like soda or fruit punch, which destroys your weight loss efforts.
2) Water Will Keep You Hydrated: There are several health issues that can occur from being dehydrated. It can also slow down the fat burning process and bring your metabolism to a halt. Therefore, by staying hydrated you will have your body burning the optimum number of calories it can burn throughout the day.
3) Keeps You Feeling Full: Drinking water can keep those cravings for unhealthy snacking away. Water can keep you from the in between meals snacking that can be a diet destroyer. It also has been shown that drinking water before a meal can have you consuming less calories because of the filling effects of water.
4 Tips On How To Make Sure You Drink Water Everyday
Drinking water everyday is not difficult to do bu for some people they have trouble achieving this goal. Here are four tips below that you can implement to make sure you are getting your water in each day.
1) Always Have A Water Bottle With You: Keeping a water bottle with you at all times can make sure you are getting enough water. [easyazon_link identifier=”B01ACARBTA” locale=”US” tag=”exerandnutrti-20″]Click here[/easyazon_link] if you need a bottle that will last forever and keep your drink ice cold. Having a bottle with you at all times will give you a constant supply of water that you can sip through the day and easily refill.
2) Enjoy Some Hot Drinks Also: Black tea, green tea, coffee, and other hot drinks are an excellent sources of water and will give you some variety with your water intakes. Just watch out for the added stuff in some of these drinks. Green and black tea can also give you a boost of added nutrients.
3) Use Water Reminders: An easy way to remember to drink water is to set your phone up with an alert at various times a day. If you have trouble in remember to drink water, these reminders will help you remember to drink up. If you have trouble drinking it all at once, try sipping and set an alert at a time you should be finished.
4) Don’t Forget Fruits: One last way to make sure you get in enough water is to snack on healthy fruits. Most fruits contain over 50% water so by eating them, you will satisfy your appetite with a low calorie food. You will also get all the good health benefits eating fruits have.
So the question was does drinking water make you lose weight? The answer is a bit more complicated than yes or no because there are many other factors involved. The truth is, drinking water is a very important contributor to weight loss and with many other health benefits. So if you want to lose weight or just get healthier, drinking an adequate amount of water each day is vital to reaching your goals.